Creative young talents between 6 and 20 who like the world of IT. (No IT students or IT professionals, however!)
Working out a creative project on the computer, proving your computing skills. No given topics - no limits: Show us your creativity on the computer and win great prizes.
We are looking for projects (single, group or class), ranging from multimedia, internet, robotics, website editing to games and programming. We are looking for creative solutions. There are three levels:
- Primary level: primary school 6-10/11 years
- Secondary level I: middle school (junior high school) 10-15 years
- Secondary level II: upper school (senior high school) 14-20 years
Since 1981 the OCG has organised informatics competitions for young people. The Jugend-Programmierwettbewerb was followed by the Jugend Informatik Wettbewerb (JIW) and then by the computer talents austria (cta). Today the competition is known as computer creative wettbewerb (ccw).
A jury (experts from education and business) evaluates the contributions. This competition wants to wake the interest for informatics in young people and it also honours existing computing skills.
There are money prizes for the five best projects of each category.
How to participate
- You (your team or your class mates) are 20 years or younger (and no IT student or professional) and you have worked out a creative IT project on your own.
- You write a detailed project description.
- You fill in the online participation form and upload all papers as a zip file to the OCG website.