The OCG Typing Certificate (OTC) is an automated touch typing test. A 10-minute text must be copied.
Writing speed and accuracy are evaluated.
With the introduction of the OCG Typing Certificate, the Austrian Computer Society (OCG) has set an international standard. Conditions are the same for all candidates - age and previous education do not matter.
The test is marked either pass or fail.
- people needing proof of their keyboard writing skills
- daily computer users
- 10-finger typing course participants
Writing speed and accuracy are optimized and certified:
- Standard: 1,000 characters in ten minutes
- Professional: 2,000 characters in ten minutes
- Expert: 3,000 characters in ten minuters
Error rate: 0.49%
Evaluation is automatic and you will get the result immediately.
- Proof of skills
- Increase of productivity
- Comparable educational level
Preparation for tests:
- Course at a Test Center (not compulsory)
- Testsystem Sophia Certification (Sophia.exe) (free download 30MB)
Typing Certificate tests are offered in Austrian OCG Test Centers. Feel free to bring along your own personal keyboard.
- More languages on demand
The Austrian Computer Society (OCG) sends the certificates to the Test Centers.
The certificate shows the number of characters typed and the accuracy.
Price recommended by the OCG as of 1 January 2015:
- Adult education: € 24 (excl. 10% VAT) per test
- School Test Centers: € 15 (excl. 10% VAT) per test